How To Prepare Our Popcorn
1. Pour oil in a covered pan, placing 2-3 kernels in the pan. Place on high heat and cover.
2. When the kernels pop, add the rest of the kernels in an even layer. Cover, remove from heat and count 30 seconds. This brings all other kernels to an ear popping temperature uniformly.
3. Return the pan to heat -- the kernels should begin popping soon and most all at one time. Once the popping begins, gently shake the pan back and forth across the burner. For drier and crisper popcorn, keep the cover slightly ajar.
4. Once the popping slows to several seconds between pops, remove the pan from heat, remove the lid and pour into a big bowl for sharing.
1. Plug in your stirring popper and pour a think layer of oil over the range.
2. Place your kernels onto the range and cover with the lid. Look at the popper instructions to see the maximum amount you can pop without overflowing. The turning rods will ensure more even popping and help prevent burned popcorn.
3. Stop and unplug the machine once popping slows to several seconds between pops. Quickly turn lid upside down, removing the range from contact with the popcorn.
4. Pour in a big bag to share.
We think our popcorn tastes great without any help, but if you choose to season it, apply immediately while the popcorn is hottest, tossing the bowl during application for an even coat. Heavier seasoning or liquids are harder to coat evenly.